Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Bum-Bum Dance




There is a particular type of "Dad Dance" known as the "Arse and Elbows" that has been fully embraced by our household, modified ever so slightly from the original whereby one would bend ones knees, stick out the arse and elbows and dance around like a chicken..

We have added an essential couple of ingredients and now sway the arse from left to right in a faux twerking style move whilst shouting "Bum-Bum-Bum, look at my Bum-Bum"
It's pretty slick, I'm sure you'll agree...Don't judge, just try it!

Anyway, this dance tends to materialise at shower time every evening with both BIG and small enthusiastically Bum-Bum Dancing around the house shouting the words at the top of their voice, God knows what the neighbours must think?.....

It's the Easter holidays over here and the little ones get 3 weeks holiday!
Yes, THREE WHOLE WEEKS...
To break it up a bit, that means a trip to the now regular school holiday Swim Course.

I hated swimming as a kid but learnt anyway and will swim if I have to....
Despite my reservations of swimming as a form of exercise or relaxation I do partake, weather permitting, as we are blessed over here with many, many beautiful clean, clear fresh water lakes, rivers, open-air pools and brooks (one of which runs through our garden) in which to spend the summer months splashing around or having BBQs nearby.....

And so it seemed only right that, surrounded by so much water and possessing zero fear of said water in any form, the boys should learn to swim well as soon as possible. Rather than risk the insanity of trying to teach them ourselves, the wife and I enrolled them in a swim school and I have to say that they have been brilliant, both passing their first two grades last year.

Day 3 of our latest Swim School and, as usual, I'm ushering two excited boys into the changing rooms and into swim gear before showering and hitting the pool. I get them changed eventually then shepard them into the shower area before a quick change for myself BUT this time, upon returning to the shower room... I find BIG doing just what he's supposed to, having a good rinse.. and in the empty space that should contain small I find am empty pair of swim shorts on the floor...

Just as the words "Oh Fuck, Noooo!" leave my mouth, I hear a loud, proud and hearty "Look at my Bum-Bum!" emanating poolside accompanied by the laughter of many, many adults &
children...

"He's doing the dance isn't he Pa?" says BIG




No comments:

Post a Comment